Several communication mechanisms are in place to provide updates on all Sasol construction activities. The SasolTEXT system delivers real-time updates and information directly to your mobile device. Please visit our heavy haul route page for information on upcoming and previous transports.
- Mon., May 1 - Sun., May 7
- Intermittent single lane closures on John Stine Rd. and Houston River Rd.
- Intermittent single lane closure east and westbound on Houston River Rd. near Ann Dr.
- Shoulder work at the southwest corner of Old Spanish Trail and Prater Rd., not traffic interruptions expected
Ethane Cracker & Derivatives Project Construction Update
- Progressed to around 64% completion
- Engineering around 85% complete
- Procurement of equipment almost 100% committed
- Bulk materials procurement around two-thirds committed
- Fabrication of the modules and piping spool pieces is well advanced
- Site, civil and concrete work nearing completion
- Heavy haul route improvement 100% completed
- 270+ heavy haul transports
- After 18 months, Sasol's 317-foot ethylene oxide wash tower arrives in Southwest Louisiana
- Rotating traffic signals installed--first of their kind in Louisiana
- 16 Louisiana businesses strengthened and widened 2.36 miles of roadway in 192,700 man-hours for the heavy haul route
To learn more about these milestone achievements, please visit our project photos and media page.
Last update: April 26, 2017