Several communication mechanisms are in place to provide updates on all Sasol construction activities. The SasolTEXT system delivers real-time updates and information directly to your mobile device. Please visit our heavy haul route page for information on upcoming and previous transports.
- Mon., June 12-Sun., June 18
- Intermittent single lane closures on John Stine Rd. and Houston River Rd.
- Intermittent single lane closure east and westbound on Houston River Rd. near Ann Dr.
- Right turn lane closure westbound on Sulphur Ave. onto northbound Guillory St.
- Shoulder work at the southwest corner of Old Spanish Trail and Prater Rd. Traffic interruptions not expected.
Ethane Cracker & Derivatives Project Construction Update
- Progressed to around 68% completion (as of March 2017 reporting period)
- Engineering around 85% complete
- Procurement of equipment almost 100% committed
- Bulk materials procurement around two-thirds committed
- Fabrication of the modules and piping spool pieces is well advanced
- Site, civil and concrete work nearing completion
- Heavy haul route improvement 100% completed
- After 18 months, Sasol's 317-foot ethylene oxide wash tower arrives in Southwest Louisiana
- Rotating traffic signals installed--first of their kind in Louisiana
- 16 Louisiana businesses strengthened and widened 2.36 miles of roadway in 192,700 man-hours for the heavy haul route
To learn more about these milestone achievements, please visit our project photos and media page.
Last update: June 6, 2017